Learn more about the Darshan Yeshiva B’nai Mitzvah Program
1. What is Darshan Yeshiva’s B’nai Mitzvah Program? What is the difference between a b’nai mitzvah, Darshan Training and conversion?
– Darshan Yeshiva’s B’nai Mitzvah Program is designed for learners of all ages who do not want the commitment of a synagogue or years-long Hebrew tutoring. It offers an alternative way to prepare for and celebrate a bar mitzvah, bat mitzvah, or non-binary b-mitzvah. A conversion to Judaism is not the same thing as a b’nai mitzvah. B’nai mitzvah is a celebration of Jewish adulthood and mitzot. Conversion is about a non-Jew becoming Jewish. Darshan Training is a program designed to help people who live without Jewish community to be lay-Jewish leaders.
2. What are the benefits of Darshan Yeshiva’s B’nai Mitzvah Program?
– The program offers several benefits, including:
– All-ages friendly approach
– Lifetime access to the learning portal
– Free access to all independent study programs
– Prayers and songs written in Hebrew, transliteration, English, and poetic interpretations
– Help Desk support whenever needed
– Multiple ceremony options to choose from, including Friday night, Shabbat morning, and Havdalah
– Gender and LGBTQ+ inclusivity
– Download-and-print service booklets for the ceremony
– Audio and written lessons for each chosen ceremony element
3. Is this program suitable for both children and adults?
– Yes, Darshan Yeshiva’s B’nai Mitzvah Program is designed to be inclusive of learners of all ages.
4. What is included in the B’nai Mitzvah Program?
– The program includes:
– A learning portal with audio and written lessons
– Download-and-print ceremonies and service booklets
– Help Desk support from caring rabbis
– Bonus content and a supportive community
– Additional courses for free, such as First Steps, Basics of Judaism, Torah Study Program, Jewish History, Comprehensive Jewish Studies, and Darshan Training. This program is the best value-for-money that Darshan Yeshiva has
5. What are the available payment plans for the program?
– The payment options are as follows:
– $495.00 upfront payment
– $99.00 upfront payment, followed by $99.00 per month for four more months.
6. Can I customize my b’nai mitzvah ceremony with this program?
– Yes, Darshan Yeshiva’s program allows you to pick and choose the elements that are meaningful to you, giving you the ability to customize your ceremony.
7. How does Darshan Yeshiva support the students?
– The program provides Help Desk support, allowing you to reach out to caring rabbis whenever you need assistance or have questions. At this time, we do not offer one-on-one tutoring or rabbis who act as celebrants to assist at your ceremony.
8. Do I need prior knowledge of Hebrew or Judaism to enroll in this program?
– No, prior knowledge is not required. The program is designed to accommodate learners of all levels, including beginners.
9. How long does it take to complete the program?
– The program is self-paced, allowing you to progress at your own speed. The duration can vary depending on your learning style, dedication, and the elements you choose for your ceremony.
10. Can I celebrate a b-mitzvah without a synagogue affiliation?
– Absolutely! Darshan Yeshiva’s B’nai Mitzvah Program is specifically designed for individuals who do not have a synagogue affiliation but still want to celebrate their b-mitzvah in a way that feels authentic to them.
11. Are the ceremonies and materials inclusive of different Jewish denominations?
– Yes, the program is designed to be inclusive of different Jewish denominations and welcomes learners from various backgrounds. As b’nai mitzvah symbolizes the recognition that a person is “of age” to be responsible for their unique Jewish practice, and because there is no sefer torah being used or synagogue building, the ceremonies do not have to conform to halacha (Jewish law).
12. Can I access the program’s materials and resources after completing my b’nai mitzvah?
– Yes, the program offers lifetime access to the learning portal, allowing you to revisit materials and resources even after completing your b’nai mitzvah ceremony.
13. Is this program available internationally?
– Yes, Darshan Yeshiva’s B’nai Mitzvah Program is available for learners worldwide. The program can be accessed online, making it accessible regardless of geographical location. At this time, the content is only available in Hebrew and English.
14. Can I participate in this program as an LGBTQ+ individual?
– Absolutely! Darshan Yeshiva’s program is LGBTQ+ inclusive and welcomes everyone.
15. Can a non-Jew have a b’nai mitzvah?
– B’nai mitzvah is a Jewish right of passage and while we welcome non-Jews to learn from the materials, they are meant to be used for a Jewish ceremony. It is not appropriate for our materials to be used in a so-called “messianic bar mitzvah” or similar.
16. Where would I hold my ceremony?
– Anywhere that you could like! Again, because the ceremony structure we have developed does not require a rabbi or a torah, you can host your bar and bat mitzvah ceremony anywhere you would like.