Senior Digital Support Specialist
Overview/Essential Job Functions
The role of Senior Digital Support Specialist will be focused on providing web, phone and email-based support to our students, administrators and educators. This includes:
• Onboarding: new students and educators to PRS’s learning management system, email and Slack; providing training to students and educators who need help using our online tools, which include Slack and Whereby.com in desktop and app form
• WordPress: updating our WordPress websites with new content and courses sent to you from our educators and administration
• Help Desk: acting as help desk when a potential student has basic program questions that can be answered by a canned response, or when students or educators have technical issues that are more in depth
• Mailchimp: putting together bi-weekly newsletters from content provided
• Administration: ongoing deadline management and reporting of new courses posted to our websites; providing emergency/status updates about systems when needed; providing thoughtful feedback to help us improve processes including documentation of all current processes in Google Docs
Candidate must have experience with (or at least working knowledge of):
- Google Admin (setting up users)
- LearnDash and Paid Memberships Pro knowledge are highly sought after
We encourage those interested in this role to learn how those systems work before applying for this role. Paid training will be provided for the right candidate on our proprietary tools only.
From a personality perspective, we need someone who knows how to lovingly hold hands with people who need technical support without getting frustrated, and the ability to smile over email/phone/video.
While our organization is a leader in Jewish education, no Judaics experience is required. This is not a teaching or rabbinical role and will not evolve into one.
Work Environment/Relationship To Organization
The Senior Digital Support Specialist will work entirely remote, with more than one contact at any given time. Candidate must be self motivated and be able to manage their own time, set and meet deadlines. For that reason, we prefer someone who has experience in this kind of environment.
This is an independent contractor role (no benefits). Compensation is twenty dollars (USD) per hour, with no more than ten hours a week of work during a normal week. More work will be provided around the beginning of each quarter (January, April, July, October), usually up to fifteen hours. There is no work on Friday evenings or Saturdays (Shabbat), US or Jewish holidays. Senior Digital Support Specialist will clock their hours and be paid semi-monthly, approximately the 15th and 30th of the month.
To apply, please send a brief resume highlighting related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will do up to three rounds of interviews including a fifteen minute preliminary interview on phone or Zoom, a skills interview, and a potential third interview if needed by our team.