WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE DO
Darshan Yeshiva is the leading provider of online Jewish adult educational programming with a focus on beginners and Jews by choice.
For nearly a decade, we have been working with Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, Jewish Renewal, Secular Humanistic, and post-denominational rabbis and cantors to support individuals from all over the world who are interested in creating a more meaningful connection to Judaism through pluralistic Jewish learning and conversion.
Come work with us!
- Conversion Mentor – Rabbi or Cantor (Europe)
- Conversion Mentor – Rabbi or Cantor (Central or South America)
- Asynchronous Course Instructor
MENTOR FOR CONVERSION TO JUDAISM – RABBI OR CANTOR (CONTRACT POSITION)
In addition to introductory and comprehensive Jewish learning, Darshan Yeshiva (DY) offers a distance learning-based conversion to Judaism program featuring Conservative, Reform, Jewish Renewal, and Secular Humanistic rabbis or cantors. Currently, DY is seeking multiple clergy to join our growing team, serving as conversion mentors and facilitators.
Role and Responsibilities
Rabbis/cantors work with students via distance learning remotely or in-person with no travel required. After students complete their conversion education, rabbis provide the beit din and mikveh, facilitating their conversion to Judaism. Brit milah or hatafat dam brit is facilitated elsewhere.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ordination or investment as a rabbi or cantor (MHL or similar)
- Experience working with adult students
- Knowledge of the conversion process and the experience of conversion students
- Ability to facilitate mikvah and bet din in your local area
- Technological skills, such as using Skype, Zoom, email, etc.
- Willingness to learn new things and adjust to different ways of providing Jewish education
We accept rabbis and cantors of any denomination (Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, Renewal, Secular Humanistic) or post-denominational; however, we do not accept Messianic rabbis or similar.
In addition, while we love our New York, Florida, and California Jewish communities, preference will be given to rabbis outside of these areas. In particular, we are currently recruiting for clergy in Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, etc.) and South America (Argentina, Brazil, etc.).
Compensation and Schedule
Our mentors are paid on a per-student, per-month basis. They are able to set their own rates based on how many students they wish to take on. They are only paid to be mentors to eager, engaged students, so no meetings, no boards, no presidents, and no donors — just you and your students! Our format makes this role an incredible opportunity for a rabbi or cantor seeking additional income at any stage in their career.
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Conversion Mentor.” All other inquires will be dismissed unless this subject line is used.
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (CONTRACT POSITION)
Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary (PRS), Darshan Yeshiva’s partner website, is seeking Jewish educators for adjunct course development for our rabbinical smicha (ordination) program. Course materials are presented using self-guided podcast-based units, video, handouts, and outside resources.
Courses we seek development of include:
- American Jewish Literature
- Modern Hebrew Literature and Poetry
- Halachic Literature (Surveys of Shulchan Aruch, Mishneh Torah, etc.)
- Feminist Jewish Thought
- Modern Torah Commentaries
- Prayer in Rabbinic Literature
- Genesis Rabbah
- Overview of Jewish Languages and Their Histories
- Jewish Bioethics