Do you want to serve your Jewish community as a Lay Spiritual Leader? Then this program is perfect for you.
Darshan, from the Hebrew root D-R-S, means “to interpret or expand upon scripture”. The Darshan is a Jewish prayer leader and educator. Today, the term is often given to the person offering the sermon/dvar Torah in a synagogue setting. But it has a much deeper, fuller history.
In Talmudic times, the Darshan was a revered community member who could take the heavy teachings of the rabbis and make them accessible to the everyday person, using everyday language. Through charismatic storytelling, intellectual discourse, and engagement with the Jewish community, the Darshan could take lofty ideas and bring them to life. Darshan Yeshiva is reviving this ancient role and expanding upon it, educating laypeople to be confident spiritual leaders for their own communities.
Choose Independent or Guided Study
Students have the choice of independent study or guided study through one of our cantor or rabbi mentors. Both programs are designed to take ten months in length and after completing all the required classes and tests, students will be awarded a certificate of completion.
- Great for students who want extra insight or assistance with the learning material
- Monthly, one hour online meetings with your mentor
- Certificate of completion signed by the rabbi
- $140 per month for ten months or a $1,400 one time payment
- All the same learning material, but without mentor support
- Certificate of completion (unsigned)
- $100 per month for five months or a $500 one time payment.