Learn the Jewish calendar and holidays with OneShul director Kohenet Ketzirah. Explore the many understandings of each holiday and gain a fresh perspective on what it means to live a Jewish life.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone interested in Jewish holidays, their meaning, history and practice
- Students who are interested in Comprehensive Jewish Studies but just want a taste of the program without fully committing
- Anyone interested in a mystical, eco-spiritual and Kohenet Jewish perspective
What Will I Learn?
- The basics of the holiday, its history and how to observe it
- Significant prayers for each holiday (transliterated — no need to know Hebrew!)
- Practices from a Kohenet, feminist mystical perspective which add a new layer of meaning to the holiday
What You’ll Receive
- Download of each holiday podcast on your computer, phone or tablet
- PDF handout on each holiday
- Emails about new courses from Darshan Yeshiva
About the Instructor
Kohenet Ketzirah Lesser
Ketzirah is a Kohenet priestess, ritualist, artist and director at OneShul.org. She brings a wealth of spiritual and educational insight to the Jewish community with a focus on innovative ritual and earth based Jewish practice. Ketzirah, is the author of several holiday Haggadot, a collection of poetry and has lead Jewish and interfaith communities in the Washington D.C. area. For Darshan Yeshiva, Ketzirah developed a very popular Jewish holidays series.