In this class by Professor Johnathan T. Reich, you’ll learn the history and foundational ideas of the exile of the Judahites into Babylon. Understand the impact of this incredible moment in Jewish history, who the people were who lead to the exile and came out of it, and how this matters to Judaism today.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone interested in Biblical scholarship (a secular, historical reading of the Bible)
- Students who are interested in Comprehensive Jewish Studies but just want a taste of it
- Anyone who is considering Darshan Training
What Will I Learn?
- Biblical, archeological/historical accounts of the exile
- The significance of the exile in Jewish history
- The influence exilic thinking today
What You’ll Receive
- Download of the video on your computer, phone or tablet
- PDF handout on the topic with great pictures
- Emails about new courses from Darshan Yeshiva
About the Instructor
Jonathan T. Reich
Jonathan T. Reich was born and raised in the Gateway City and attended Washington University in St. Louis. He earned a MA from the Harvard Divinity School, and also studied at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, as well as the Harvard University department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations. He lives in Somerville, MA with his wife Stefanie and daughter Meret.